*About me*

Quiet

*Friends*

Iris
Jami
Salan
Shelia
Siwei
Shuwen
Yong Xiang
Zhen Zhen

*Tag*

Monday, March 19, 2007

Went Ayutthaya of Thailand from 9-12 March for a short trip with darling and his company. It's a routine for his company to organize an off-site trip overseas annually to combine their Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand branches in order to faciliate and update on the company's vision and goals for next year. It allows their employees to interact so that when an employee from (e.g. Thailand branch) meet with some problems at work, they can email another employee from (e.g Singapore branch) with the expertise to help them with the project. Personally I find this is so sweet and thoughtful of their directors.

Was feeling kinda nervous before I left for the trip becoz I don't know any of his colleagues with no prior introduction and he was the only person whose travelling with a partner. Guess things work out coz his colleagues and directors were very friendly and nice towards mi. Had a short conversation with his managing director and he was from NTU's accountacy last time. He set up this company and expand it successfully. Well, I believe everyone's success has part of it due to his character and how he interacts with his employees. Employees are part of your assets. He will humbly chat with everyone, asking how did they feel abt the trip, what project are they handling now, can they cope, etc.. It's so hard to find a director who is friendly, walk ard chatting with employees, remembering everyone's name, including mine! I am so surprised but happy. He asked what are my plans when I graduated so I told him it's always my aim to work at PwC as an auditor and he said he has a friend whose a partner there. He asked me to work on the resume and he will send it to his friend. That's like so nice! Max told mi he mention abt it before when he knows I'm taking accountancy but I told he's joking. I'm having mixed feelings coz it's stressful to be intro in and people will have expectation of you. Worse, I dunno how will people look at mi. Hmmm...

First day, we went Elephant and Tiger farm to visit and check-in our 'hotel'. Each of us has a boat to share. It's quite romantic and nice. The boats are fixed so you won't feel sea-sick. The facilities inside are considered quite good for a Thailand village area. The moment when we alighted from the boat, we were welcomed with flowers and there were banners with his company's name. By the way, Ayutthaya is the old capital of Thailand and it's quite peaceful where there is no bombing or disturbance. It's more of like a quiet place for retreat and relaxing. Went for a welcome dinner by the pool side. The whole place is nicely lit and romantic. It's my first trip attending a pool side party and the feeling is very romantic even though it's a official trip. Muz organize one on my next year's birthday if possible.

Second day, I was stuck in the room for most of the time as they had a full whole day meetings after meetings. But darling is sweet enough to come fetch me with the bicycle everytime after their meetings. The island is kinda big with temperature enough to kill me. We had to travel either by bicycle or vans which are identified with paper which stated from (e.g Rooms 116-120). Spent most of the time in the room reading my storybook, "The Kite Runner". It's very nice! Shall talk about the book in my next entry tog with the movie 300. hee =p Don't type out of point. At night, we attended this annual dinner and dance. It's filled with performance like Thai dances and wonderful Thai food! There was award presentation which gave out best employee award and long service award. The company is set up since 2004 so there is only a 3 year award. Darling got the best employee award for Singapore branch!!! *clap* He looked so happy and I feel so proud of him. I saw the hard work he put in last year and I'm really glad his efforts were recognized. Good job darling! His directors were so sweet giving me a surprise with a bouquet of flowers! They knew that it was my birthday coz Max mentioned once to his director saying it's my birthday on 10 March so he didn't want me to stay in Singapore while he's overseas. Thoughtful! *hugs* I wish for a birthday cake till now... I dunno why but I wish that darling will celebrate with a cake, hopefully by the sea side. I don't mind even if it's a belated one.. He brought me an A/X three quarter jeans, a Guess dress and a Guess top. I'm very happy coz they are all what I wish for. Thanks darling! *muacks* Thanks for everyone who msg me to wish me happy birthday! It's the thought that counts and I appreciate it. =)

Third day, meetings go on and I walked around the island taking pics and exploring. Didnt have the chance to drop by Bangkok for shopping on the way to airport. How I wish to shop there coz I keep hearing people buying cheap and nice stuffs. Hopefully one day I will have the chance to. =)

To wc, Happy 23rd Birthday. Saturday was your birthday and I just hope everything goes well for you. Muz take care.

at Thailand airport's starbucks



This is the 'hotel' room. It's small but comfy.
we got his lucky number '17!
pool side party
his company t-shirt
massage place

Pool side
uniform for dinner

dessert time
giving his speech
I love the pic of him on display =)
his award!
smiley

Home sweet home!

with love 2:18 AM